The ultimate goal is to pass your CISA examination first time.
Information System Auditing Process (21%)
Provide audit services in accordance with IT audit standards to assist the organization in protecting and controlling information systems.
- 1.1 Develop and implement a risk-based IT audit strategy in compliance with IT audit standards to ensure that key areas are included.
- 1.2 Plan specific audits to determine whether information systems are protected, controlled and provide value to the organization.
- 1.3 Conduct audits in accordance with IT audit standards to achieve planned audit objectives.
- 1.4 Report audit findings and make recommendations to key stakeholders to communicate results and effect change when necessary.
- 1.5 Conduct follow-ups or prepare status reports to ensure appropriate actions have been taken by management in a timely manner.
Governance and Management of IT (17%)
Provide assurance that the necessary leadership and organization structure and processes are in place to achieve objectives and to support the organization's strategy.
- 2.1 Evaluate the effectiveness of the IT governance structure to determine whether IT decisions, directions and performance support the organization’s strategies and objectives.
- 2.2 Evaluate IT organizational structure and human resources (personnel) management to determine whether they support the organization’s strategies and objectives.
- 2.3 Evaluate the IT strategy, including the IT direction, and the processes for the strategy’s development, approval, implementation and maintenance for alignment with the organization’s strategies and objectives.
- 2.4 Evaluate the organization’s IT policies, standards, and procedures, and the processes for their development, approval, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring, to determine whether they support the IT strategy and comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
- 2.5 Evaluate the adequacy of the quality management system to determine whether it supports the organization’s strategies and objectives in a cost-effective manner.
- 2.6 Evaluate IT management and monitoring of controls (e.g., continuous monitoring, QA) for compliance with the organization’s policies, standards and procedures.
- 2.7 Evaluate IT resource investment, use and allocation practices, including prioritization criteria, for alignment with the organization’s strategies and objectives.
- 2.8 Evaluate IT contracting strategies and policies, and contract management practices to determine whether they support the organization’s strategies and objectives.
- 2.9 Evaluate risk management practices to determine whether the organization’s IT-related risks are properly managed.
- 2.10 Evaluate monitoring and assurance practices to determine whether the board and executive management receive sufficient and timely information about IT performance.
- 2.11 Evaluate the organization’s business continuity plan to determine the organization’s ability to continue essential business operations during the period of an IT disruption.
Information Systems Acquisition, Development and implementation (12%)
Provide assurance that the practices for the acquisition, development, testing, and implementation of information systems meet the organization’s strategies and objectives.
- 3.1 Evaluate the business case for the proposed investments in information systems acquisition, development, maintenance and subsequent retirement to determine whether it meets business objectives.
- 3.2 Evaluate the project management practices and controls to determine whether business requirements are achieved in a cost-effective manner while managing risks to the organization.
- 3.3 Conduct reviews to determine whether a project is progressing in accordance with project plans, is adequately supported by documentation and status reporting is accurate.
- 3.4 Evaluate controls for information systems during the requirements, acquisition, development and testing phases for compliance with the organization's policies, standards, procedures and applicable external requirements.
- 3.5 Evaluate the readiness of information systems for implementation and migration into production to determine whether project deliverables, controls and organization's requirements are met.
- 3.6 Conduct post-implementation reviews of systems to determine whether project deliverables, controls and organization's requirements are met.
Information Systems Operation and Business Resilience (23%)
Provide assurance that the processes for information systems operations, maintenance and support meet the organization’s strategies and objectives.
- 4.1 Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to determine whether they continue to meet the organization’s objectives.
- 4.2 Evaluate service level management practices to determine whether the level of service from internal and external service providers is defined and managed.
- 4.3 Evaluate third party management practices to determine whether the levels of controls expected by the organization are being adhered to by the provider.
- 4.4 Evaluate operations and end-user procedures to determine whether scheduled and non-scheduled processes are managed to completion.
- 4.5 Evaluate the process of information systems maintenance to determine whether they are controlled effectively and continue to support the organization’s objectives.
- 4.6 Evaluate data administration practices to determine the integrity and optimization of databases.
- 4.7 Evaluate the use of capacity and performance monitoring tools and techniques to determine whether IT services meet the organization’s objectives.
- 4.8 Evaluate problem and incident management practices to determine whether incidents, problems or errors are recorded, analyzed and resolved in a timely manner.
- 4.9 Evaluate change, configuration and release management practices to determine whether scheduled and non-scheduled changes made to the organization’s production environment are adequately controlled and documented.
- 4.10 Evaluate the adequacy of backup and restore provisions to determine the availability of information required to resume processing.
- 4.11 Evaluate the organization’s disaster recovery plan to determine whether it enables the recovery of IT processing capabilities in the event of a disaster.
Protection of Information Assets (27%)
Provide assurance that the organization’s security policies, standards, procedures and controls ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets.
- 5.1 Evaluate the information security policies, standards and procedures for completeness and alignment with generally accepted practices.
- 5.2 Evaluate the design, implementation and monitoring of system and logical security controls to verify the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information.
- 5.3 Evaluate the design, implementation, and monitoring of the data classification processes and procedures for alignment with the organization’s policies, standards, procedures, and applicable external requirements.
- 5.4 Evaluate the design, implementation and monitoring of physical access and environmental controls to determine whether information assets are adequately safeguarded.
- 5.5 Evaluate the processes and procedures used to store, retrieve, transport and dispose of information assets (e.g., backup media, offsite storage, hard copy/print data, and softcopy media) to determine whether information assets are adequately safeguarded.
- 5 years of professional experience in IT auditing or in the field of security
- Basic knowledge in the area of information technology operation, business support by information technology and internal control.
It is possible to shorten the required work experience to 4 years if the candidate has a bachelor's degree or to 3 years if he has a master's degree.
You can take the exam with unfulfilled work experience requirements. However, this is a condition that must be met within 5 years from the date of taking the exam. If you don’t get this done within 5 years, your passing score on the exam will be deemed null and void.
- IT system auditors
- IT infrastructure managers,
- risk management or business continuity managers,
- persons responsible for all aspects of IT management
I liked the in-depth knowledge about the subject of the trainer, good explanation, highlighting important things!.
- Department for Communities
Depth and breadth of the course. Trainer was excellent also.
- Department for Communities
- Department for Communities
Trainer's vast knowledge
FUJITSU TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS SP. Z O.O.
Subject content and instructor
Jas Paul Farmahan - Capita Business Services Ltd
Martin was very knowledgeable and gave really good tips; he allowed plenty of time for discussion and allowing us to ask questions. It was really well delivered, even virtually which sometimes is a difficult medium to work with.
Kewal Rai - Knowledgepool Group Ltd
Introduction to ISO270017 hours
This is a one day Introduction to ISO27001
ISO/IEC 27005 Foundation14 hours
ISO/IEC 27005 Foundation training enables you to learn the basic elements to manage Information Security Risks as specified in ISO/IEC 27005. During this training course, you will be able to understand the concepts and models of Information
ISO/IEC 27005 Introduction7 hours
Why should you attend? ISO/IEC 27005 training course enables you to comprehend the basic concepts of Information Security Risk Management by using the standard ISO/IEC 27005 as a reference framework. By attending the ISO/IEC 27005
ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager21 hours
ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager training enables you to develop the competence to master the risk management process related to all assets of relevance for Information Security using the ISO/IEC 27005 standard as a reference
ISO27001: 2013 Lead Auditor (certification course)35 hours
CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor28 hours
Description: CISA® is the world-renowned and most popular certification for professionals working in the field of IS audit and IT risk consulting. Our CISA course is an intense, very competitive and exam focused training course. With
Building up information security according to ISO 2700521 hours
This course will give you the skills to build up information security according to ISO 27005, which is dedicated to information security risk management based on ISO 27001.
CISMP - Certificate in Information Security Management Principles21 hours
A thorough, practical, 3 day course designed to provide the knowledge and skills required to manage information security, information assurance or information risk based processes. The CISMP course is aligned with the latest national
Network Penetration Testing35 hours
This class will help the attendees to scan, test, hack and secure their own systems. To gain an in-depth knowledge and practical experience with the current essential security systems. The attendees will get to know how perimeter defences
Public Key Infrastructure21 hours
The training is directed to all operating systems administrators, who plan to implement a public key infrastructure based on MS Windows Server 2012 R2 and plan to use qualified electronic signature certificates. The participants will learn
CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional35 hours
Overview: Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification is recognised as a key qualification for developing a senior career in information security, audit and IT governance management. Held by over 30,000 qualified
Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) CBK Review35 hours
A CISSP is an information assurance professional who defines the architecture, design, management and/or controls that assure the security of business environments. The vast breadth of knowledge and the experience it takes to pass the exam is what
Information Systems Auditor35 hours
Description: This course is the non-certifcation version of the "CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor" course. CISA® is the world-renowned and most popular certification for professionals working in the field of IS audit and
Digital Identity for Telecom21 hours
Digital identity refers to the information used by computer systems to verify user identity. Some issues related to digital identity include e-signatures, access control and fraud detection. This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite)
IBM Qradar SIEM: Beginner to Advanced14 hours
IBM Qradar SIEM is a security analytic suite for gaining insight into critical threats. Using IBM Qradar SIEM, users can gain insights, identify threats, and automate security intelligence. This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is